Friday, June 13, 2014

Adventures

I'm pretty sure that everyone already knows that Dave LOVES adventures, and that I love to follow him on them. I've gone so many new places that I never thought I would with him. So its no wonder that we are starting Amelia early with her adventuring.

We took our friends Kaylee and Daren up to Mt. Diablo. It's so pretty up there, and on a clear day you can see for ages! I love it! It was a little bit windy and I laughed as Amelia's reflexes kicked in, poor girl could hardly catch her breath! She gasped every time the wind hit her in the face which was often!
Cute Daylee family!


On Memorial Day, we went with our friends the Gilbert's to Mt. Tamalpias. I'm pretty sure that Amelia and their son will get married someday. :) He's such a cutie pie! Dave and I have hiked Tamalpias before and I remember it being a lot easier, with fewer rocks and an easier path! Dave made me nervous wince this was our first hike with Amelia, and he was wearing her in the front pack for the first time as well! Plus, I was wearing flip flops...oops. But We made it to the top and it was gorgeous.


Last weekend we went up to Lake Tahoe with our friends! I must say it was a little more stressful than I thought it would be. It was our first weekend away with Amelia, and I'm sure I was more stressed than I needed to be anyway. I never imagined that a miniature human would need 3 times the amount of stuff that Dave and I needed! I think I was packing for 2 days. I thought i was way overpacked, but I ended up using everything I packed. Except the stroller, didn't end up needing that. On the way up we stopped with Scott and Jenn to get some Costa Vida. Man, I love those burritos. I am not even ashamed that I could eat one whole, I just never do so that I can enjoy it for 2 days. I'm a foodie. I also love Horchata, like I love it. Yumm, my mouth is salivating.

On Saturday, we all went up to Lake Angora. It was about an hour drive around Lake Tahoe, and was so beautiful. We stopped at Emerald Bay to snap a couple photos.




I wish I had taken some pictures up at  Lake Angora. I didn't even think about it since I was just relaxing and holding Amelia. Dave swam in the Lake for about an hour and did some cliff jumping, he said it was wonderful. I enjoyed just watching everyone, holding my baby girl, and getting some sun. It was such a calm and peaceful lake. It's a little hidden gem. Dave and I can't wait to get back up there. Like I said I forgot to take pictures up at the Lake, but we did remember to take one on the hike down! Better than nothing I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment