Thursday, June 5, 2014

Love and Cuddles

I have always loved to be held. Being held gives me a sense of security, peace, and most of all love. I love hugs, and embracing and being close. I remember as a child, my mom would rock me in our big brown Lazy Boy chair. She would hold me and rock me on the swing outside on our front porch. I especially loved being on that swing with her during a summer rainstorm.

As I have gotten older, I still love to be held. I love cuddling up to Dave. I love when we are out somewhere and he puts his arm around me. I love cuddling with my dogs. Call me crazy, but I love having the dogs sleep in bed with me just so I can cuddle them.

Having Amelia has brought my cuddling obsession to a new level. When she was first born, I don't think I hardly ever put her down. It was hard for me to let anyone else hold her, even Dave. I love being able to smell her sweet scent and hear all her little grunts and noises. However, I as much as I also knew that I wanted her to sleep in her own bed. We started by putting her in a bassinet by our bed. That way she was close to me at night and I didn't have to go far to nurse her and put her back to sleep. I figured that she'd be able to stay in a bassinet till around 4 months or so. Not so, not so! This little babe of mine is so strong and definitely takes after her mama in the sense that she moves ALL over in her sleep. At 6 weeks old, she had already rolled over 4 times! (Not that she knows what she is doing, she is just so strong that she flips herself right on over!) Anyway, I quickly learned that we would need to trade the bassinet for her crib. So my little baby is in her own room in such a big bed! She sleeps really well though. Usually sleeping at least 4 to 5 hours stretches at night, if not more. Amelia usually wakes up between 5 and 7 in the morning.

This is my favorite part of my day. I bring Millie Mae into the bed with Dave and I, where I nurse her and get my morning cuddles in. It never takes long for her to fall back asleep. She scootches down and gets all comfortable, grunting, sighing, and cooing, until she drifts off into her own little dream world, and I have my own whole world right there with Dave and my baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment